Friday 7 May 2010

More May 7- Arches

Here's me in my $10 Walmart cowboy hat that Karen talked me into buying for this type of photo op. and to bug Stephen.I thought I was striking a John Wayne pose but I think I just look like a gay cowboy, then again, John Wayne???
 I'm thinking I look like my dad in a hat. You know you're getting old when you start to look like your old man!

Below that picture is one of a a narrow slot canyon I took a walk in. Where the hikers are it is only shoulder width.
A little further in is a small arch.

We stopped to eat the lunch we had packed at the viewpoint for the Balancing Rock and had some Belgians take our picture.

We left the park around 1:30 and headed into Moab to look around.
Lots of bike stores and 4 wheel rentals and some funky shops.

Karen is standing in front of some copper wind sculptures at a Moab gallery. I think my metal working brother should think about making some of these!

We came back to the trailer and sat in the sun and read for awhile. It feels a lot hotter than the 70F the thermometer says.

Tomorrow we head to the town of Torrey to the west where we will stay 2 nights and see Capitol Reef National Park.



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment